SO, we are almost to the point where there are only TWO MONTHS left in 2010! Which means, most importantly to those of us here at LITC, that Elijah and I have but two months to put the finishing touches on our annual “best of” lists (music, film, what-not).
In anticipation of that great day when we post aforementioned lists, I have put together a little “mix CD” with what I feel is some of the best music of the year–no guarantees that ALL of these bands will be on the list, but there are good “odds” (you might say) that some of them will certainly take their place on that hallowed post. (Note: there is one track not from a release this year, a rare Jeff Buckley/Elizabeth Fraizer collaboration that I only recently came across…so it’s NEW to me!)
I have entitled the mix, “Two Months,” which I only the moment I began writing consciously realised was the amount of time left in the year. I have included my stab at a cover for the mix (artwork from Craig Thompson), as well as the playlist so that you may recreate the song order on your own music management software.
I have posted the songs here in my “Dropbox”–I suppose you will have to download the program to access them (I’ve officially been told you do not), but I’ve found it quite a handy way to shar–um, access my own files from separate computers. I do present these songs with the intention of promoting the artists & always encourage true music fans to obtain the original release if they find themselves in love with the songs.
1. “I Think Ur A Contra”–Vampire Weekend/Contra
2. “Tyrant Destroyed”–Twin Shadow/Forget
3. “See How Man Was Made”–Josh Ritter/So Runs The World Away
4. “We Used to Wait”–Arcade Fire/The Suburbs
5. “Sweet Talk, Sweet Talk”–The New Pornographers/Together
6. “Heart to Tell”–The Love Language/Libraries
7. “FootShooter”–Frightened Rabbit/The Winter Of Mixed Drinks
8. “I Walked”–Sufjan Stevens/The Age Of Adz
9. “Solitude Is Bliss”–Tame Impala/InnerSpeaker
10. “Never Before”–The Guggenheim Grotto/The Universe Is Laughing
11. “What Do You Think Will Happen Now?”–Owen Pallett/Heartland
12. “The Owl And The Tanager”–Sufjan Stevens/All Delighted People EP
13. “Acid Love”–Sleepy Sun/Fever
14. “All Flowers in Time Bend Towards the Sun”–Jeff Buckley & Elizabeth Fraizer/Rarities from NYC
15. “Sorrow”–The National/High Violet
16. “The Last One”–Au Revoir Simone/Still Night, Still Light
17. “Before You Go”–Sarah Jaffe/Suburban Nature
18. “Victory”–The Walkmen/Lisbon
6 thoughts on ““Two Months”: a melange of songs from 2010”
Thanks! I’m checking it out now.
Did you have to download Dropbox to access the file?
I downloaded the file directly from the blue link you posted with no problems at all.
Wow, I love the mix Greg. I’ll start listening to any mix you post.
I did not have to download dropbox.
And, as always – excited to see what you think is the bests of the year.
Hope you are well. Miss seeing you and talking with you,
Cool! Thanks for letting me know Beth!
according to my download box, I am 8 minutes away from your latest playlist–very exciting! and thanks, as always, for sharing your impeccable music picks with us…